Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Meet our new friend Norman

This is our snowman ... Norman. He is the first snowman I have made since my childhood and Jon says it's been twenty years since his last snowman. It's started snowing here about 7 a.m. today and has just recently stopped - it's now about 6 p.m. I think we've gotten about 6 inches of really heavy, perfect-for-snowman snow. So, after Jon and I finished shoveling, we made Norman. The bottle of champagne has been sitting around for months, and I found the "For Sale" sign in the yard during construction. Arthur, the Chinese boy living with us, helped us with the project. I think it was his first snowman - he seemed pretty intrigued, but slightly confused by the process of rolling large balls of snow. He doesn't speak much English, so I'm not really sure what he said about it all, but he seemed to enjoy it. There was a slight mishap while adding the stones used for the mouth, so what you see here is actually Norman's second head. I think it's slightly better than the original anyway. Just another snowy Sunday in Minnesota. Here are a couple more pictures, our tree, our house and our street.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home