Grace O'Malley's Irish Pub

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Open House Success

On St. Patrick's Day, we had an open house at the building where our pub is supposed to be located. We had a great turn out - approximately 70 people stopped by to say hi and celebrate with us - we'd like to thank you all for coming and supporting us. Hey, even the mayor was there!

Of course I couldn't have done it all without my friend Catherine who spent her entire Spring Break week helping me get everything ready. She shopped with me, made displays, mounted pictures ... you name it, she helped with it. My dad drove up from Madison just to be there and my brother brought his three daughters, who certainly added life and laughter to the group! My mother was also there meeting and greeting with the best of them.

We had displays that told about Grace O'Malley, the pub, our proposed menu items and the like. Our goal was to offer people an insight into what we are doing and an opportunity to ask questions and see the space. All in all I think it was a success. To those of you that were not able to make it, you were with us in thought and spirit! I'm told there were a lot of pictures taken, and when they make their way back to me, I will do my best to post them here.

Hopefully by next year you will all be able to celebrate with us properly in an "open-for-business" establishment! Only 360 days til St. Patrick's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home